Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Maybe if I left it alone, it wouldn't be numb...

Almost every day at lunch I will call Jimmy to see how his day is going. 90% of the time he is at work; and I like to screw with him just a little bit because he is an accountant and apparently has to be all professional and quiet at work.

I wouldn't know much about that...

So today I called him and we had the following exchange:

After our usual pleasantries (which consists of him asking me where I went to lunch and me replying by saying, "The same place I go every day, Jimmy. Corner Bakery Cafe" just like the Brain from "Pinky and the Brain") :

Me:  My thumb is still numb.*
Jimmy:  That sucks.
Me:  What if the feeling never comes back in it.
Jimmy: I am sure you will be fine and it will be normal again soon.
Me: What if my thumb dies?
Jimmy: Your thumb isn't going to die.
Me: What if it just starts turning black and starts shriveling up. And dies.
Jimmy:  ...
Me:  Well?
Jimmy: Your thumb isn't going to die.

This is what he has to deal with on a daily basis. This is just another example of how I know he loves me. He would have to love me to deal with shit like that every day.

*My thumb is numb because I am making this bath mat and tying the strips of bath towels has made my thumb and index finger numb.

What do you do to mess with your significant other?

No comments: