Monday, October 25, 2010

Dude! Where's my rims?

Sunday was shaping up to be a super day. Brady and I had just woken up and were watching Iron Man for the second time in 12 hours, Jimmy was still in bed sleeping for his weekend sleep-in day and then we got a knock at the door and the day pretty much went to shit.

It was our neighbor letting us know that we better get out there and do something because Jimmy's truck is on blocks... WHA!?



But these aren't your everyday cinder blocks, these are my super cute landscaping paver's from my front tree planter box.


Bastards!

So apparently what they do is use these blocks or whatever to build up to the axles then, they let enough air out of the tires until all the weight is on the blocks. Then they can simply take the tires off and drive away. But these guys decided to be extra special douche bags about this and use tiny little stones to help build up to the axles on Jimmy's truck, like this:

so we can't even touch his truck or it may fall over. Super cool, right? Not! Thank goodness for Jimmy's buddy coming over and helping him get it onto jack stands until he can get new rims and tires.

Next step is to get some motion activated lights and cameras out front and back. I guess we live in one of those neighborhoods now... **eye roll**

So tell me, has anything like this ever happened to you? What did you do to prevent it from happening in the future?

Oh, I forgot, one more thing:

Tire thieves, can you save some beer for me next time? That would be great! Thanks...

No comments: