Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Good and the Bad...

First, let me start off with the good:

I am going to Japan in two weeks from today! This has been a dream of mine since middle school. I love the culture, history and art of Japan. My tattoos are even Japanese inspired. My backers for this amazing trip are my daddy and step-mom Nancy. The first 4 days will be spent with My dad and Nancy in the Tokyo and Yokohama area. Then when my dad goes back to work, Nancy and I will travel further down the country to Kyoto and Hiroshima. It is going to be amazing. I will be gone from the 1st through the 12th of July. This means that I will miss the 4th of July here, but it will be okay. J and B will be staying at home so I will be going alone. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that B is at his aunts house and J is in Vegas while I am gone. :)

Now for the bad:


One of our cats Baby Kitty is no longer with us. I noticed a week or two ago that she wasn't breathing very well so I took her to the vet on Monday. We found out that she had a herniated diaphragm. Surgery would have been around $4,000 and she probably would not have made it through. The only other options were to let her keep going until she got too bad or have her put down so that she wasn't suffering anymore. J and I wanted to talk about it for a couple of days before making any decisions, but today, she made the decision for us. She took a major turn for the worse and began to die. Jimmy met me at the vet and we decided to have her put down so she wouldn't hurt anymore. She didn't even make it through the sedative to calm her down. She was just too weak. I pretty much cried all day today. I know it is cheesy, but this little poem makes me feel better. The last couple of years have been pretty bad for me when it comes to cats, so I take what I can get...

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank you for reading about my life and I hope you come back again.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awww I'm so sorry Amy but at least Baby Kitty isnt suffering anymore. I know its not easy but I'm here for ya if you need anything.