Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bawk, Humm, Baa!

So I was reading a post on my friends blog Odd Mom Out and I couldn't agree with her more. Not necessarily about wanting cows, but I want chickens, llamas and sheep. Chickens for eggs and as pets. Llamas and sheep for wool to spin into yarn to sell and knit with. I told V that we need to get our husbands to buy a property and build two houses and a farm on it so we can have like a co-op thing and share the responsibilities and everything that comes out of it. The husbands were not too impressed with my grand idea. That doesn't deter me much. So today I emailed the city to see if we can have chickens within city limits if they are in a coop and there are no roosters. I went to the library and checked out 3 books on having chickens in your backyard. J gave me one look and just kind of shook his head. He told me that they are a pain and they are dirty. Dude, has he ever met our son? Whatevs... I will just keep planning and do it. He will see.

Anyway, we finally got our new washer and dryer. They are SOOOOOOO nice! They are LG front loading ones. I feel so fancy using them. When they are done with the cycle, instead of a buzzer going off, they play this cute little tune to let you know to get yo ass off the couch and do the damn laundry.

So I have been washing my hair with baking soda and rinsing with apple cider vinegar for almost two weeks now and it is going great. I think it is having an effect on my migraines going away too. I don't need all of those chemicals seeping into my head every day. I did add some drops of grapefruit essential oil and it really helps to wake me up in the morning.

To go along with this change, I decided last week to begin the Oil Cleansing Method on my face to cleanse instead of using facial cleansers. I haven't noticed too big of a change so far but by my face has been on pretty good behavior lately so we will see over time how it looks and feels. Amanda over at MODG gave the best description of this process so I will not even try to improve upon it.

Now it is time for me to finish watching Criminal Minds, then some American Idol results, then the inside of my eyelids for a nice LOOONNGGG night sleep. I am fighting an upper respiratory infection and really need my sleep right now.

Thanks for reading about my life and I hope you come back again.

No comments: